About this Collection
Water M. Phillips interviewed over 150 civic and political leaders on subjects related to Philadelphia city government and history between the late 1930s and the 1970s. Related collection: Walter M. Phillips, Sr. Papers (Acc. 527)
About this Interview
Interview with Lennox Moak, city finance director of Philadelphia. He covers his early life and his experience working with the Philadelphia city government.
Biographical / Historical Note
Walter M. Phillips, Sr. (1912-1985) was active in Philadelphia civic and political life for over thirty years. He worked and volunteered in a variety of city and regional organizations. After retiring, Phillips initiated an oral history project, interviewing in the 1970s many individuals with whom he had worked.
- Lennox Moak Oral History, February 9, 1978
- Municipal government, Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
- Moak, Lennox
- Personal Names:
- Dilworth, Richardson, 1898-1974, Sawyer, Buck, Clark, Joseph S., Tate, James Hugh Joseph, 1910-1983, Bayley, John, Rizzo, Frank, 1920-1991
- Geographic Subject:
- Philadelphia (Pa.)
- Organization / Building:
- Philadelphia Bureau of Municipal Research (Philadelphia, Pa.), Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia, Pa.), City Planning Commission (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Repository Collection:
- Walter Massey Phillips Oral Histories
- Oral Histories
- Contact SCRC for the audio recording corresponding to this transcript.
- Transcript Identifier:
Digital Collections Rights Statement for Use of This Content
This material is subject to copyright law and is made available for private study, scholarship, and research purposes only. For access to the original or a high resolution reproduction, and for permission to publish, please contact Temple University Libraries, Special Collections Research Center, firstname.lastname@example.org, 215-204-8257.
This is a transcript of a tape-recorded interview. The interviewee/narrator read the transcript and made minor corrections, but the reader should bear in mind that it represents a transcription of the spoken word.
Note on ADA Compliance
For Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodation, including help with reading this content, please contact email@example.com